Saturday, October 22, 2011

insomnia

My little boy of 16 months is a little boy with lots of speed in the legs. This applies not only daytime but also at night ... we have nursed until tonight, but for a little over a month ago he would not have the pacifier anymore (at the same time that he had an ear infection) and has used me as a pacifier since. Resulting in sleepless nights for me. We have struggled abit with ear infections so I think it has been hard to know if he's in pain, or whether this is just a bad habit ... In addition, my intention was that he should self wean as his sister did (when she was 18 months). Especially since he has milk protein and egg allergies. But now I can stand it no more, my lack of sleep is affecting the whole family.  

Now I have actually got him to sleep, which is not easy (it's now about 8.30 at nigth)! And it only took about 25 minutes of screaming..... dreading the nigth a bit because he tends to wake up after 3-4 hours, then wake up once an hour the rest of the night .... Now I hope for a quiet night and that this is the start of acieving healthier sleep patterns for the both of us ......  

Good night and don't let the bed bugs bite:)
This pic is about 2 month old, from before he rejected the pacifier....

No comments: